Rome – why so special?
What’s so special about Rome? I have lived in many cities in my lifetime; New York City, Livorno, Barcelona, Oceanside, Brisbane, Philadelphia, and Rome, to name a few. For those of you who know these cities, you know their cultures, lifestyles, history, languages, gastronomy, and music all have something different to offer.
Of all these wonderful cities, I currently live in Rome. I won’t lie however, on a day to day basis, Rome is not an easy city. Public transportation does not work as efficiently as it should, work prospects are limited, taxes are high compared to the quality of services offered to the public, and the city streets and life can be chaotic and dirty. But to be fair, I just described what could be said of almost any large-scale city in the world. So now, let me tell you a little about what is unique to Rome, and despite my above description, what makes this city truly remarkable.
The birthplace of…….
Rome’s civilization dates back to over two and a half thousand years, and it considered to be the birthplace of Western civilization. This birthplace is also home to some of the most precious architectural treasures in the world, such as the Vatican City, the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Pantheon, Circus Maximus, the Baths of Caracalla, Castel Sant’Angelo, La Bocca della Verita’, the Arch of Constantine, and the Pyramid of Cestius. And this is just the beginning.
It is also home to over 900 churches; the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, and Basilica di San Pietro, to name only a few. There are almost 60 museums in Rome; from MACRO to MAXXI and Capitoline to Borghese, their genre is so vast it will quench every art lovers’ desires.
Food, Glorious Food….!
And if you need a bit of fresh air and time away from the chaos of it all, there is no need to leave the city; take a stroll through the Botanic Gardens, Villa Borghese, or Parco Della Caffarella and you’ll forget you’re in one of the most vivacious cities in the world. If this isn’t enough to convince you to visit this wonderful city, then perhaps a gelato while strolling through Piazza Navona, carciofi alla giudia in the Ghetto, una carbonara in Testaccio, or a Roman pizza in Trastevere will do the trick!
Rome, the Eternal City, will leave you in awe. It still takes my breath away every day, and I live here. When the days are a little tough, and the bus seems to be late (again), I look up at the Colosseum, take a breath, and think, “it’s ok; I can wait a little longer”.
A Roman Holiday
Want to know more about A Roman Holiday itinerary? Planning on traveling to Europe? What to know more about personalized guided tours on history, architecture, and design? Or are you more about wine, sacred places, art, and gastronomy? Whether you’re looking for simple suggestions on where to eat, how to move around, and what to see, or if you need hour by hour organization of a 2 week guided trip throughout Europe and yearning to experience Europe like a local, we have the creativity, knowledge, and organizational skills to plan your every detail. In addition to being local, we speak multiple languages. Mostly, we are enthusiastic, responsible, and responsive, and we have 15 years worth of experience in the tourism sector.
We offer customers solutions. Take a look at just some of the reasons you should consider using South Europe Travel to plan your next European vacation:
Experience Europe like a local
- First of all, we create customer travel and event itineraries for people seeking to experience an authentic Europe. To know a culture and to have a life changing experience includes typical tourist attractions. But, an “experience” is more than simply strolling down “Las Ramblas,” visiting the Eiffel Tower or the Leaning Tower of Pisa. We deliver optimum service because day to day, we live, breath and rediscover these countries. Therefore, this allows us to share their true identity, splendor, and secrets with our clients.
Expect the unexpected
- Furthermore, we maximize European travel and event experiences and expectations. For example, plan on visiting Sicily and traveling throughout this cultural Mecca by car? If so, there are important details you should know. Most of all, driving through Sicily means closed roads, velocity radars, and safety issues. Our attention to detail prepares you for these unexpected hurdles and relieves you of the stress involved in planning your event or vacation. You should focus on your journey, not the road.
Time = $$$
- Most of all – time is money. It takes approximately 8 hours a day to create an organized vacation or event day that meets and surpasses your expectations. In conclusion, do you have the time, money, and expertise to do it on your own?
Get more for your $$$
- Poor choices during your journey costs money – sometimes more money than you would have spent on hiring a travel/event consultant! As a result, a taxi driver that takes the “scenic” route, choosing the wrong, overly expensive hotel, or dining at a tourist trap can easily cost you an extra 100 to 150 euro a day. Mostly, you’ll be sorely disappointed with your experience!
Think outside the box
- Finally, while our goal is to cater to your European travel and event planning requests, we can also help you “think outside the box”. Utilize our knowledge, adaptability, and flexibility to create a travel or event itinerary that affords you new and unexpected experiences. Let us help you create unforgettable memories to share with friends and family.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding the above steps, our services, or your European travel and event plans.
Lastly, we are three women specializing in South Europe Travel. We love this region and all it has to offer and we would like to share its secrets with you.