THE Luxury Hotel Winery in Rioja, Spain
The Marqués de Riscal Luxury Hotel Winery in Rioja, Spain represents a synthesis of design and gastronomy. You can find this luxury hotel winery nestled in the Rioja Alavesa region, approximately 100 kilometers south of Bilbao. The winery was founded in 1858, produced its first wine in 1862, and in 1895 it was the first non-French wine to win the diploma of honor by the Bordeaux Exhibition.
Aside from the award winning wine, the hotel winery aims to meld innovation with history – and it succeeds. The acclaimed architect, Canadian born Frank O. Gehry, also designed such masterpieces as the Guggenheim Museum of Bilbao (which, since you will be so close, is a “must see” during your stay at the hotel), the Louis Vuitton Foundation in Paris, and the Beekman Tower in New York City. In this hotel winery, Gehry’s architecture is as visionary as the prized wine within its walls.
It should come as no surprise that the hotel restaurant, Marques de Riscal, has been awarded a Michelin star. Dishes are inspired and created by the prestigious Chef Francis Paniego, and of course the menu offers a wide selection of wines from Marqués de Riscal winery to accompany any selection.
Close by you’ll find the medieval villages of Elciego, Laguardia and Briones.
If you want to continue your gastronomic enrichment, head to the Vivanco Museum, which offers a lesson in the history and culture of wine. Opened by the King of Spain in 2005, Dinastia Vivanco Museum of Wine Culture is assured a place among the worlds best wine museums. If on the other hand you want a spiritual experience, head to the Unesco World Heritage Sites of the San Millan Monasteries.
Luxury Hotel Winery in Rioja, Spain
Want to know more about the Marqués de Riscal Luxury Hotel Winery in Rioja, Spain? Planning on traveling to Europe? What to know more about personalized guided tours on history, architecture, and design? Or are you more about wine, sacred places, art, and gastronomy? Whether you’re looking for simple suggestions on where to eat, how to move around, and what to see, or if you need hour by hour organization of a 2 week guided trip throughout Europe and yearning to experience Europe like a local, we have the creativity, knowledge, and organizational skills to plan your every detail. In addition to being local, we speak multiple languages. Mostly, we are enthusiastic, responsible, and responsive, and we have 15 years worth of experience in the tourism sector.
We offer customers solutions. Take a look at just some of the reasons you should consider using South Europe Travel to plan your next European vacation:
Experience Europe like a local
- First of all, we create customer travel and event itineraries for people seeking to experience an authentic Europe. To know a culture and to have a life changing experience includes typical tourist attractions. But, an “experience” is more than simply strolling down “Las Ramblas,” visiting the Eiffel Tower or the Leaning Tower of Pisa. We deliver optimum service because day to day, we live, breath and rediscover these countries. Therefore, this allows us to share their true identity, splendor, and secrets with our clients.
Expect the unexpected
- Furthermore, we maximize European travel and event experiences and expectations. For example, plan on visiting Sicily and traveling throughout this cultural Mecca by car? If so, there are important details you should know. Most of all, driving through Sicily means closed roads, velocity radars, and safety issues. Our attention to detail prepares you for these unexpected hurdles and relieves you of the stress involved in planning your event or vacation. You should focus on your journey, not the road.
Time = $$$
- Most of all – time is money. It takes approximately 8 hours a day to create an organized vacation or event day that meets and surpasses your expectations. In conclusion, do you have the time, money, and expertise to do it on your own?
Get more for your $$$
- Poor choices during your journey costs money – sometimes more money than you would have spent on hiring a travel/event consultant! As a result, a taxi driver that takes the “scenic” route, choosing the wrong, overly expensive hotel, or dining at a tourist trap can easily cost you an extra 100 to 150 euro a day. Mostly, you’ll be sorely disappointed with your experience!
Think outside the box
- Finally, while our goal is to cater to your European travel and event planning requests, we can also help you “think outside the box”. Utilize our knowledge, adaptability, and flexibility to create a travel or event itinerary that affords you new and unexpected experiences. Let us help you create unforgettable memories to share with friends and family.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding the above steps, our services, or your European travel and event plans.
Lastly, we are three women specializing in South Europe Travel. We love this region and all it has to offer and we would like to share its secrets with you.